Computer Science and Software Engineer
I am a software engineer that seeks to work always on new technologies,
my interests include free and open source software, networking, location
and context sensitive information services, data mining, media devices,
geographic information systems, open standards, distributed computing
and wide data availability.
Most of my experience in the field of computing comes from my keen
interest on learning and getting advantage of extensive possibilities
that open source and UNIX environments can offer to solve our daily
problems. I am always interested on keeping track of the latest trends
in IT. My main interest as a software engineer is to gain new experience
while solving interesting and challenging problems within a dynamic and
stimulating organization, while at the time build a career as an open
Fiserv, Information Management Solutions
Software Developer Sr.
August 2013 -
- Development and maintenance of a Business Intelligence product used
to extract, transform and load from different input files or databases
to a per-customer defined database layout.
- Multiple platform development and building environments (Linux, Solaris, AIX, Windows 7)
- Multiple language development (C, Java JNI, Oracle Pro*C)
- Providing assistance for Unix development to other areas of the project.
Technical Leader and Software Developer,
February 2010 -
- Implementation of custom features requested by major corporative clients (Special Development).
- Error tracking and correction across different architectures and
operating systems in embedded networking devices (Current Product
- Worked across all the range of the networking stack in network
devices, from low level interrupt driven packet analysis and
dispatching, to command line interface and other user interfaces, by
implementation of enhancements or maintenance.
- Backend (Proprietary embedded system codebase) to frontend (Web and command line interface) development and refactoring.
- Technical and Team Leader for a team of seven engineers.
- Documented and maintained a repository with all the technical references used by the team.
- Mentoring and training of new members of the team, provided cross-team support to other company areas.
- Supported the Human Resources department by applying technical interviews to local and international candidates.
Software Development Internship,
February 2009 -
- Participated in a project to configure, test and deploy a content
management system (CMS) that could establish a communication link via
Internet between the local governments (city councils) and the general
- Worked closely with many public institutions and collaborated with several national-scale projects.
- Participated in the evaluation of several CMS and selected the most
adequate one according to the needs and context of local government
offices in Costa Rica.
- Prepared a common package that was easy to install, deploy and
administrate, and also easy to use by the city council personnel. The
deployed system has been presented and approved by the local government
of the Escazú county and is currently in production.
- The foundations of the project are now the base of the web presence
of city counties of Barva, Santa Bárbara, Santa Ana, Puriscal, Tibás and
Mora, as well as Escazú.
Embedded Software Engineer,
- Integration of Open Source solutions to deploy embedded applications
for consumer electronics devices running on many hardware prototypes,
evaluation boards and modules based on System on Chip (SoC) solutions.
- Porting of several available Open Source applications to enable its usage on embedded targets.
- Migration of third party drivers and utilities.
- Development of custom applications that uses specific or constrained graphics, audio and network frameworks.
- Development and design of software-based firmware-residing hardware manufacturing tests.
- Support for hardware manufacturers and designers established in
North America and Asia regarding the usage of customized software
Computer Science Skills
- Programming Languages:
- Version Control Systems:
- Application Programming Interfaces:
SIMD extensions to the
SSE) supported in
Linux kernel internals,
ALSA Userland API.
- Markup Languages, Semantics and Typesetting:
- Operating Systems and Platforms: Several
Linux From Scratch personal implementation,
RidgeRun SDK for Embedded Devices, and many others),
Mac OS X,
Microsoft Windows (From version 3.1 up to 7),
Green Hills Software INTEGRITY.
- Web Frameworks and Technologies:
LAMP platform for web development (Linux,
MySQL, PHP) also using PostgreSQL instead of MySQL.
- Applications and Packages: Proficient in several open source
applications, such as raster and vector graphics manipulation programs,
audio and video tools, and Unix utilities for stream editing.
- "Introducción a las Extensiones Vectoriales de la Arquitectura
Intel x86, utilizando C y GCC", (Introduction to the Vector Extensions
in the x86 Intel Architecture using C and GCC) Rodolfo Quesada Zumbado, Tiempo Compartido Magazine, Department of Computer Engineering, Costa Rica Institute of Technology, Volume 6, Issue 2, December 2005.
Built on: 2016-01-09 18:37:15